T-D Shows it’s Talent at October’s Arts House

By: Olivia Cahill, Staff Reporter

The Arts House Café is an evening where Thornton-Donovan School students get up on stage and showcase their talents to parents and fellow students. Organized by Mr. Goodman, T-D’s music teacher, this year’s first Art’s House took place in the New Rochelle Public Library on Friday, October 28.

To kick off the show, sophomore Quincy Campbell and junior Chenyang Fu played the audience a Halloween digital music track called “Windmills.” The seventh grade music class then followed with a surprising cover of 5 Seconds of Summer’s “She’s Kind of Hot” led by Noah Goodman and Errol Lipton. Junior Michael Stack performed Eric Roberson’s “Perfect Picture” and wowed the audience with his awesome guitar skills. The Italian II and III classes performed “L’Italiano”, which impressed the Italian visitors from Arezzo, Italy.  Next sixth grader Dexter Doris awed the audience with his violin, playing “Allegro.”

Senior Muxi (Madison) Zhang, one of T-D’s many exchange students, absolutely stunned the audience with her beautiful voice, singing “Only One.” The Italian visitors also came on stage and sang “Italia Medley.” In early October, T-D traveled to Belize and the students who returned were inspired to sing a song from Belize at the Arts House.  They sang the “Traditional Penguin Folk Song” and had the entire audience clapping along.

Ms. Franks’s voice class performed and junior Cecile Macintosh and freshman Grace Kretzmer were some of the many students who left the audience in awe after their singing. To close the show, Mr. Goodman’s Nature of Music class sang “Somos Cinco Mil” and were joined by the Italian visitors.

The first of three that T-D will have throughout the year, this Arts House featured some great performances that reflect the student body’s diverse musical talents and the international nature of the school itself.